Sunday, November 8, 2009

Reviving The Blog

Wow- It has been awhile since I first started this and not much posted there.  That is going to change.  I have lots of exciting travel suggestions, ideas and tips to share.. it is just finding the time!  Travel is my passion and sharing my personal travel experiences, knowledge and what I learn every day through my clients is what I love to do.   So I am renewing my commitment to blogging :)  I am not very good on the technical side so bear with me on the colors, photos etc.  I will get there! (or feel free to advise on how to do those things)

The first thing that comes to mind is Thanksgiving!  Two of my most favorite places for Thanksgiving are:
The Sanctuary and Villas at Kiawah Island, SC
Absolutely Fabulous!  My daughter and I spent Thanksgiving there one year and it was by far the best holiday yet.  Their Thanksgiving meal included incredible choices form the traditional turkey and stuffing with a showstopper whole pig complete with apple to noveau cuisine and wonderfully grilled items outside on the patio.  The Oyster Roast at Mingo Point was truly authentic with firepits and a live band for shag dancing.  My daughter favorite was the child size Gingerbread Houses display in the lobby of the The Sanctuary.

This year they are offering a full schedule of family activities to chose from and if booked through Journeys, Virtuoso amentities are included as well as a special Family Fall Escape that includes all kinds of special perks.  And of course my best friend, Natalie Payne, Director of Sales will make sure all the details will exceed any expectations that you had.  She is the amazing!

My second thought goes to New York City for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! And the perfect spot is the Mandarin Oriental on Columbus Circle.  Enjoy the famous Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade from Mandarin Oriental, New York’s bird’s eye perch 280 feet above the city. With exclusive access to the 6,000 square foot Mandarin Ballroom, featuring panoramic views of Central Park and the Manhattan skyline, you’ll be able to watch the parade of colorful floats and balloons travel through Columbus Circle in the comfort of the city’s most luxurious hotel.  In addition, Journeys can offer through Virtuoso a complimentary night with a 3 night stay plus all the Virtuoso amentities!  What a deal! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment